It's been a few days since the last blog but our days have been real busy. Over these past few days this whole Joe Paterno thing has been going on and it's a sad situation. I feel Penn State did the right thing by letting Paterno go. Paterno could have done more. He was a coach I greatly respected and admired and to hear him say he did enough by telling his boss made me lose a little respect for him. These were little boys we are talking about. He knew about the situation and allowed Sandusky to continue to help out even after he knew what was going on. He should have taken the next step to keep all these other boys from being victims. He knew nothing was done about it because the charges are just now bring brought about, 9 years later. Paterno could have really made something happen; with a name like his, something would have been done. In the end, I feel Paterno should have done more but I hate to see such a legendary career end this way. On another note, Friday I worked until 3 pm and then headed to LA for the weekend! A much needed get-away, if I might add. Lucy was extremely excited to "go for a ride to Grandma's"! We were blessed to make it here safely because I thought I would never make it through that Baton Rouge traffic! Needless to say, I lost some hair and nerves in the process haha.. Today's Saturday and I have spent the day with my parents and visiting family. We started our day off going furniture shopping. We grabbed some lunch and ate it at the house and then I went saw Aunt Sue, Aunt Dora, Aunt Phe, and my Pappy. Of course, Lucy came along for the ride as well. When we got back from making our rounds, Lucy played out in the yard. Her favorite thing is rolling in the leaves and chasing them! This time of year makes me happy to have a pup because we spend so much time outside embracing the beautiful colors and weather. This is for sure our favorite time of year! Lucy would agree.
This evening I will be going visit my cousin Sam and Aunt Bill and hanging out with them. Tomorrow I'll be heading out so I'm trying to get as much accomplished while I'm hear. I will be back in two weeks for Thanksgiving though. I can't wait. When we return, we'll be with Marci, Landon, and Lola. Lucy can't wait to spend time with her favorite cousin in Grandpa's house! There's no telling how much damage they will do but I know they'll just show those innocent faces and get away with it ;) haha.. Overall, it's been a very good trip home but we wish it didn't have to be so short! I pray the drive home will be a smooth and safe one! Well it's just the two of us until next time..

No comments:
Post a Comment