Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November 9, 2011

What a day it has been! It's the day after the election and my morning started off early. Staying up late for the results of the election + waking up early for work= one tired woman! For the most part I was pretty pleased with the results. Although I was not able to vote (because I'm registered in LA), I was still very much concerned with the outcomes. I can see myself living in Mississippi for the next couple of years, if not longer, so it's only natural for me to be concerned. I know everyone is tired of hearing about the initiative 26 thing, as am I, but I do feel I need to explain to some people my reasons for not supporting it. First of all, I do not believe in abortion. However, there are very few incidents where I can see it MAY BE acceptable. For example, a young woman getting raped. I can not fathom what it would be like to experience that but I've thought long and hard and I don't feel I could carry a baby in that situation. Others may be stronger than me and feel they could, but that's their opinion and I respect that. Secondly, I found myself asking more questions than actually getting answers. I knew about all the "scare" tactics that were out there and that's why I did my own research on the matter and came up with my own opinion. I looked at both sides of it. The bill was created to ban abortion, I understand that. But just as it was trying to define conception, it failed to define abortion. That was all it took for me to say no. So, I did not support the initiative because I felt like it didn't have any answers to my questions. On another note, I was pleased with Phil Bryant getting governor. He's a good man and I feel he will do a great job for this state. Enough about politics. Today has been a busy day. Sysco had their annual food show at the convention center today, which means another busy crowd. I'm not complaining though, I love the freedom I have with my job. The wear and tear is not nearly as bad as it was at Wal-Mart, and it's a lot less stressful. God has blessed me with a wonderful job, life and family and I could not ask for more. Speaking of family, Lucy and I are going home to visit my parents this weekend. I'm pretty excited. I'm ready to see all my family because I haven't seen many of them since my sister's wedding in June. Lucy's pretty excited herself; she LOVES going to her grandma's and grandpa's! It's probably because her grandma loves to give her table scraps and everyone knows Lucy isn't going to skip out on that opportunity! Haha Well, it's just the two of us until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment