I sit here on this dreary yet beautiful Wednesday finding any excuse in the world to delay my homework. I've never been that type of student before but I've definitely been a procrastinator this semester. This past weekend I made a trip home to see the family and of course road trips get me thinking about my life. There is nothing more relaxing than getting in a car and driving for miles, listening to music, and doing some self-reflecting. During this trip, I thought about the people in my life who have helped shape me into the human being I am today.
First, the most important people who have helped shaped me would be my parents. They have instilled morals and values into my sisters and I that a lot of today's generation lacks. I'm by no means perfect but I do believe I'm a well-rounded young lady. They have always supported us no matter what. They have always made sure we learned the lesson in every mistake and recognized the reward in every accomplishment. They didn't give us everything we wanted. They taught us what hard work is and that it does pay off. I don't know where I would be without my parents, and I don't want to think about it.
Secondly, my sisters have always been there for me. Sure, we were hellians growing up and we fought all the time. But, we have grown to be each other's best friend. I know when all else fails, I can turn to my sisters and they will be there in a heartbeat. Even though we all three live in different cities, they are only a phone call away. Brandi taught me and Marci everything we shouldn't do, of course by doing it first. Haha. I'm glad I had an older sister to look up to and teach me about life. She gave me advice about college and softball. She warned me of things to stay away from, even though I often tested those waters. She was and is always there when I need her. I often try to imagine my life not as a twin and I don't know what it would be like. People always tell me how cool it is to be a twin and truth is, unless they are one, they really have no idea JUST how cool it is! Marci knows all my secrets and I know all of hers. I know when I need someone to talk to, she is the one. Marci may have never had the brains, because I stole all of them, but she ended up with the creativeness and life skills. My sisters are talented in their own ways and I strive to be just as talented and influential.
Thirdly, I truly have some of the greatest friends in the world. They have always accepted me just the way I am. They have supported me regardless of the stupid decisions I may have made. They bring the fun and craziness to my life. They are all complete opposites of myself and that's why we all mesh so well. They are my second family and there's nothing I wouldn't do for them. They have taught me so much about myself. Having Jake surprise me last night was one of the greatest surprises. Something so simple yet so fulfilling. I didn't realize the extent of how much I missed him until I saw him last night and that goes for the all the friends that don't live close to me. Growing up isn't fun and saying goodbye is even worse but regardless of the miles, each and everyone of my friends have a special place in my heart. Our lives have all crossed path for a reason, and God has been more than generous with leading me to all these special people I call my friends.
Lastly, I credit a lot of my growing up, maturing, and personal acceptance to my dear friend, Lorrie. She is like a second mother to me. She has taught me so much about growing through the pain and accepting myself regardless of others' opinions. She is always so positive and witty. This woman is the most amazing person I've ever met. When I need advice about life, school or love, I know I can always get the most honest advice from her. She may never realize how much she has impacted my life and I'm beyond thankful for her friendship.
When I think about my life, I think about all these amazing people in it. I wouldn't be the person I am today without them. It's very comforting to know I have so many people I can call on when life gets tough or to share the joy. It's so easy to stay positive about life when I have been blessed beyond measure. Life is good, school is almost finished, and good times are to be had. Damn, I'm one lucky girl!
Until next time, it's just the two of us..

I can't believe you didn't mention Lucy once in this post!!! So sad. Great post though!
ReplyDeleteHey girl love your blog! Hope I can become one of those good friends you mentioned...lol
ReplyDeleteYou ready to clean Leslies house????