When I was a kid, I chose to make softball my everything. I was told I would never be as good as my sister. I chose to accept the challenge and prove myself. I chose to dedicate my entire high school career to the only love I knew back then, softball. Because I made those choices and accepted the challenges it presented me, I was able to experience success and failure. I learned many life lessons out on that field, but what I learned the most is that things only have limits when we put one on them. I may not have been as athletically talented as my sister, but I did finish my college softball career as an academic All-American. Besides the successes, I have experienced many failures. My biggest, and most regrettable failure, is giving up my first love for my first love.
That might sound confusing, but I gave up the game I love for the person I thought I loved. We've all been young and stupid at some point in our lives but as with every failure, I look for the positive. By giving up ball, I was forced to get a job and support myself. It was a very tough concept to grasp and accept but when I gained the confidence in myself to do it, I was forever thankful. I look at many people I know these days still struggling to grasp that concept. I learned the importance of budgeting and making sacrifices. I had to sacrifice the fun to be stable. Now, if I could go back and change some things with the knowledge I have now, I would. However, if I had never made those choices, I would have never gained the knowledge I have now.
Another choice I made that definitely impacted my life was moving back home for a year. I needed time to clear my head, get my feet back under me, and focus on school. I was able to do that at home. My parents were generous enough to let me live at home with them while I went to school and work. This step helped me grow up and grow spiritually and financially. I was able to become the person I wanted to be, decide on a major, and find myself. Of course, when I found myself I knew Louisiana wasn't where I belonged so I moved back to Mississippi.
Moving to Hattiesburg was the right decision for so many reasons. I am truly happy here. I love school, my friends, my dog, my job, my apartment, just everything. I feel secure and stable. I don't have much of anything but what I do have is much more than I ever needed. Life is great. I've made some mistakes and I've learned from them. I've experienced some successes and have grown from them. I have lived just a portion of my life and found myself. I'm interested in seeing what my next choice will be and how it will impact my life. Life is what you make of it so be open-minded because you never know the battle someone else is fighting. Go out and find the beauty in everything and everyone.
She's the reason I can see the beauty in everything.. She doesn't judge me, she just loves me with no limits.. She accepts me for who I am and is always supporting me regardless of my successes and failures. This dog is the definition of true beauty. She loves everything and everyone and I strive to be just like that one day..

Love the picture of Lucy!!
ReplyDelete