Wednesday, January 18, 2012

One Semester Closer to Finishing!

School has gotten back into the swing of things so that means more time on my computer and more blogs. I'm pretty excited about this semester because as with each of them, I'm one step closer to finishing. For those who know me, or have read my previous blogs, know I've been in school for some time now. When graduation day finally approaches, everyone better make sure an ambulance is on hand for my parents! Haha. In all seriousness though, this semester seems like it will be tough but it will all be worth it in the end.

On another note, I was lucky enough to have some time off work before school started to visit my sister. It was a fun, relaxing weekend, with the exception of the Saints loss. Lucy was pretty bummed as well; she's quite the Breesus fan! However, she sure enjoyed that LONG car ride. I've been blessed with a great traveling companion. She's real simple to please: just put a rawhide in front of her and she's good to go. She was just as excited to see Lola as I was to see Marci. The weekend never feels long enough, though. Soon it was back to Hattiesburg and work.

Most trips usually exhaust me but work came early the next morning and little did I know it would be a long one. I ended up working an eleven hour day. Lucy was home alone with all the bad weather going on. I couldn't help but worry about her but when I got home and found her in the same spot she was in when I left that morning, I knew the princess was just fine. My little rascal has been in such a playful mood this past week. As she ages, she gets lazier. Anytime she's in the mood to play fetch, it always brightens my day! Hopeful the playful Lucy will stick around more! 

Every year we celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr., but I never really appreciated the importance of such an icon as I have this year. I guess the saying is true: "With age, brings wisdom." When we look back, our country has come a long ways but we still have a long ways to go. I'm beyond thankful to live in a country where I have the freedom to decide my own life path.Though many may not agree with some of my life choices, they are my own and they have all led me to this point in my life. I'm proud of the person I am at this point and look forward to the person I will become in the future. In order to make others proud, we have to first be proud of ourselves. Life is not easy by no means, but if you stick with it, it is all worth it. I was once told: "If it was easy, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great." This is a motto I live by, especially being a special education major. When people ask me what I'm majoring in and I reply with special education, they usually have some kind of joke or laugh. Truth is, though, these kids may have disabilities but have you ever stopped to think about how hard it is to teach someone with a disability? Probably not. So, next time you laugh about something involving a child with special needs, think about if it was you with the disability. Would you be laughing then?

Well that's all for tonight. Until next time, it's just the two of us...

No comments:

Post a Comment