Saturday, January 28, 2012

All About Lucy

I'm sitting here on a Saturday night without a thing to do so I decided to blog. If it wasn't for work tomorrow morning, I would be indulging in a getaway to Mobile, AL tonight. Between school and work, I could sure use a fun night out with my posses. It's been far too long since I've had that opportunity. I know patience is a virtue and I'll get that opportunity sooner than later. Since, I haven't blogged in a few days, let me catch you up.

This week has been one for the books. Sometimes in life you find out people are not who you think they are. This past Monday I came home to an apartment complex full of sheriff cars, only to find out my neighbor was being arrested for a shooting incident with her husband. Wild doesn't even explain this week. Besides that, work has been extremely busy. We had the Dance Teachers United at the convention center this weekend. All I can say is thank you Mom and Dad for not ever making us do that! Haha It was a crazy day to say the least. As far as school goes, I'm really enjoying my classes. I must say, my teachers seem tough but I know it will all be worth it in the end. I was telling a friend I'd rather have them tough and good then easy and not. I want to feel prepared when I leave school and start my career and I know these teachers will make sure of that.

As it is obvious in the this post, not much has been going on in my life besides school and work. Therefore, Lucy wanted me to use this space to tell about her life. There is no other explanation for Lucy, other than she was made just for me. The dog loves bananas, yogurt, and watching Pit Bulls and Parolees, all things I enjoy! Haha She has her fourth birthday coming up on February 25th. I'm not sure where the time has gone?! I remember the day I got her. She was handed to me and all I could see was her belly; she was quite a chunk. Obviously, not much has changed since then. Lucy considers herself as one of the boys because she enjoys hiking her leg to potty. She loves to give sugars and beg for belly rubs. She loves getting up 5 minutes before my alarm goes off every morning and whining for her breakfast, leaving me with no other choice but to get up and feed her. She has a bigger circle of "friends" than I do. She'd be lost without her brother, Louis and best friend Riley. She's learning how to endure a snapping turtle, that just so happens to be a true life Boston Terrior named Lola (Lucy's cousin). She also enjoys "fertilizing" her grandpa's flawless yard every chance she gets. She has earned the nickname Pig, and just so happens to love bacon strips. Ironic, I know. Haha On a serious not though, Lucy sees no race, gender, orientation, religion, etc. She loves unconditionally. Even though she may be just a dog, she could sure teach all us humans a thing or two about peace, love and treats. The dog has taught me more about life and love than any human could have ever taught me.
Lucy and Louis

Can't you just see the love?

That's Riley on the left and Louis on the right; Lucy's partners in crime

And this is cousin Lola aka Snappin' Turtle

Hope you all enjoyed this read. Until next time, it's just the two of us...

No comments:

Post a Comment