I haven't blogged in quite some time so I figured I would catch you all up on me and Lucy. Since I've last blogged, I completed the toughest semester of school yet and pulled out all A's. If there was ever a semester where I was proud of making all A's, it was definitely this one! I enjoyed the semester but glad it is over.
With all this time on my hands this summer, I find myself traveling every chance I get. Lucy and I surprised my parents and sister the week of my birthday and spent some time with them. Then, I took a week of vacation at the end of May and surprised Marci. I ended my vacation with a fun trip to Pensacola with some good friends. In the meantime, Lucy got ill from her yearly shots and I've been nursing my sweet baby girl back to good health. She is doing much better now. She proved that when we made it to my parents' tonight and she went nuts with excitement.
Road trips always cause me to think, sometimes too much. All the driving I've done so far, I've reminisced on old memories and reflected on my life. This is what I've concluded: If there was ever a time where I felt complete, it is at this exact point in my life. I know I am exactly where I need to be for the time being. Once I graduate, I don't know where I'll end up but for now I'm very content with being in Hattiesburg. I live a good life. I'm financially stable, healthy, supported by the best family, have some of the greatest friends, got the best companion in the world, and so close to completing school. There's not much more a girl can ask for. Sure, at some point I would like to have someone to share my life with but I'm in no hurry to find that person. Patience is a virtue.
I ran across a quote the other day and I've done a lot of thinking on it. This is how it goes: "You aren't wealthy until you have something money can't buy." I think about all the things in my life that money can't buy: family, friends, love, happiness, etc. I know I've said this before, I may not have much but I have more than enough. As long as I can remember, I've always said this world would be so much better if it didn't revolve around money. Although many things in my life are dependent on money, the most important things are not and for that I am thankful.
The next couple of days I'll be in Louisiana spending time with my parents. This year has taught my family to never take life for granted because it can change in an instant. I look forward to catching up with the family, laying out by the pool, riding some back roads and enjoying time off from work. Life is what you make of it and I chose to keep it positive, fun, and meaningful.
Until the next time, it's just the two of us...


No comments:
Post a Comment